Doodle by Number: A Festive Guide to Calming the Chaos is the fifth book in the Doodle by Number series from Doodle Lovely. Like paint by number, doodlers are invited to fill in images with suggested shapes and images, for 30 doodle activities. Each activity in this holiday edition is a guided doodle of a seasonal scene along with an inspirational quote.
Created by Nova Scotia-based designer Melissa Lloyd, these charming and fun doodling books are also innovative tools to help lower stress, boost attention, productivity, concentration and creativity through guided mindful doodling techniques.
The Science Behind Doodling:
- Improved focus – doodling is known to be the most accessible way of helping the mind relax so it can process information
- Helps to manage emotions – doodling is a safe method to process emotions, converting negative feelings into neutral, without judgement
- Greater productivity – doodling diverts the mind easily, and within five minutes can completely refuel much needed energy and a sense of clarity
- The act of doodling while listening reinforces the brain to pay attention
- Creative freedom – doodling helps connect seemingly disparate ideas come together for increased innovation and new ideas
- Playfulness – the opposite of play isn’t work, it’s depression. Playfulness in life, including work, increases satisfaction and purpose.