Are you rushing around all the time, constantly busy and working at such a high function that you feel like you’re on autopilot? We’re ‘on’ so much of the time that it’s hard to find that off-switch, the one that helps you slow down and be in the present moment.
Doodling can give you the same benefits as mindful meditation. But you’ll get there in half the time. All it takes from you is a commitment to 10 minutes a day.
Here’s some of the ways that doodling helps you be present:
- It helps everyone slow down so they can enjoy what’s happening in their lives
- It helps you be more aware so you can notice the finer details
- It helps increase confidence and concentration
- It subdues the chatter in your mind so you can be more present
- It builds a happier and healthier attitude in life
Best of all, doodling is something everyone can do. Instead of focusing on perfection, you can play with it and be in the moment.
If you want to learn how doodling can immediately calm your mind, centre you in the moment, and activate the relaxation response in your brain, grab your favourite mark-making tool, hit play on the video below, and let’s doodle!
If you’re interested in the many ways doodling can help you or your team in life and career, reach out and let’s talk.
This blog post was originally written from our Doodle Breaks page.